Small business owners who have created a website and have several webpages that make up there online presence – need to understand some fundamentals about each and every webpage! Besides creating content that is rich with keywords and engages the customer for search engine optimization – then along comes the concept of creating Landing Pages!
Well – the good news – bad news!
Good News – every page of your website is potentially a Landing Page – as people search for your product or service – we do not know which keywords or keyword phrases they may be using – so consequently they may ‘land’ on any page of your webpage
Bad News – every page of your website needs to be optimized to be a Landing Page!
I recently read an article providing 10 Best Practices for Creating Landing Pages by Marketing Experiments which I thought needed to be shared as they are good words to live by when trying to attract and get the attention of your customers.
- Don’t use too many calls-to-action
- If your pages are longer, shorten them for less scrolling or scanning work if it creates more mental effort for the prospect
- The more complex the sale, the more information the prospect needs
- Emails are a part of the optimization process and it’s the quickest, most effective way to discover your value proposition
- Color is the most overlooked and misused element of landing page design
- Give credibility from a third party
- Congruency between headlines, landing pages and the ads, emails, or SERPs that led them there
- Single-purpose, akin-focused message
- Use bullets and be succinct
- A/B split test different elements to create the most optimized version of your landing page
So if you thought mastering SEO was a challenge – you need to make sure your webpages are LPO as well!
For more information on Creating Effective Landing Pages – go to our Resources page and click on Landing Pages or go to https://huskerpreneur.wordpress.com/resources/workshop-materials/landing-pages/