Lately – there has been so much focus on Social Media and engaging with customers in so many different ways – that we have forgotten the basic premise of online marketing – eMail Marketing Campaigns!
Now to get my attention via eMail the Subject Line has to be pretty engaging/interesting/eye catching – so you have to really think about what it is you want your customer to get from the campaign!
And just as the First Marketing Trend told us – we have to be ready for Mobile – with the anticipation of over a million consumers using smartphones by 2016 – we need to create messages that can be easily read on the mobile device! Which means we need to
- Get to the point
- Catch their attention – 8 seconds or less
- Create the clear CTA (Call to Action) – what is it you want your customer to do?
- Design for mobile
- Bigger Clickable buttons
- Single Column layout
- Narrow width
There has been alot written lately on eMail Marketing Campaigns – here are a few of the articles I have read:
- 10 Useful Tips and Examples to Boost Your eMail Signups
- The Two Most Important Things for eMail Marketers in 2013
- Infographic – Importance of eMail Marketing