It is interesting if I take the time to look up and see what is happening all around me! No matter where I go – airport, restaurant, post office, meeting – everyone has a mobile device and everyone is paying attention to what is being sent to them and everyone is responding – even ME!
So as a business owner how can you effectively take advantage of going mobile? – well there is a Nebraska Broadband webinar Thursday, March 14 that will help explain some of the tools and ways a small business owner can actually use these devices to reach customers, get found, collect payments – so turn in at 10:00 a.m. CT – to find out more click here – http://broadband.nebraska.gov/events.
In the meantime – here are some keypoints that I believe (as well as some of the experts in the industry) you need to consider:
- Claim your ‘bubble’ on Google Maps/Bing Maps/Mapquest
- Claim your Google Place Page and update the information
- Create a mobile friendly website
- Consider taking payments with your mobile device
- Consider using a mobile social presence i.e. Facebook or Twitter
- Consider mobile marketing campaigns
- Create and optimize landing pages for mobile devices
Just a few resources to get you started:
- Help in claiming your bubble –http://huskerpreneur.com and click on Resources/Workshop Materials/Online Maps
- Google Place Page – http://www.google.com/places/
- Third Party Payment options
- Make my Site Mobile Friendly