Many websites we review forget about these two simple SEO tips and probably two of the most important concepts to incorporate!
1) Page Titles – each major page of your website needs a unique Page Title. What is a page title? It is the words that show up Search Engine rankings and at the top of each page in the web browser.
- Title tag should be 80 characters (Google uses 70 and Yahoo and Bing use 90.
- Use Store Name but not in front of title – use your branding logo or incorporate your keywords
- Title tag should indicate what the page is about
2) Page Descriptions – Each major page needs a Page Description. What is a page description? Page description gives more information plus a great way to use the keywords
- 125 characters long
- Keyword prominent
We’ll offer more tips about SEO but please review your site and evaluate your Page Titles and Page Descriptions!